“I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.” (Neil Gaiman)

Late Night Natter

This wakefulness will cost me dearly tomorrow, but better to write than brood about looming work tasks right?

I will keep it simple by recounting my day, which was good, considering the emotional turbulence I have subjected friends and loved ones to this year. It was Dad's birthday so I brought him and Mum out for a scrummy Japanese lunch, after which we did a spot of shopping (Mum needed to get some sundries to bring over to Sydney). When we got home, I did some quick freshening up and some work (yes, had to, no choice) before I headed out to meet les femmes for this utterly delicious celluloid dish. The experience was a pleasant surprise; I expected an animated version of a culinary masterclass (after all, the animators did pay Thomas Keller's kitchen a visit as part of their research for said flick). Instead, what I got were wonderfully fleshed out characters, as well as a sound reminder about what true artistic passion entailed, what it means to simply love and be your craft.

I want to simply be my craft too. I just have to figure out what my craft is.

No comments: